About The Knights of Columbus
The Patriotic Degree of the Knights of Columbus is committed to the preservation of our church, our order and to the many nations where Knights serve. We serve as examples of Christ’s presence in the world.
At some point in our lives, there comes a time when we realize that our christian duty extends beyond our own lives, beyond how we lead our families and into how we serve our fellow man.
This is what defines the Knights of Columbus and by joining the Patriotic Degree, you have the opportunity to take that duty one step further.
Members of the Patriotic Degree are an integral part of our Order and serve our brother Knights by:
- Conducting various educational programs
- Honoring Knights and their families during times of tragedy and loss
- Encouraging active participation in important programs of our order
Members of the Patriotic Degree proudly foster patriotism in each nation in which we are active by:
- Facilitating voter turnout on election days
- Working to honor and protect symbols of national pride
- Participating in national holiday celebrations
- honoring veterans for their service and sacrifice
- Teaching personal responsibility in civic affairs
- Taking a publicly visible leadership roles on important national and moral issues
In a time when too few Christians are prepared to speak up for what they believe, members of the Patriotic Degree act on what is right and honorable by:
- Supporting and defending the truth in the public arena
- Building a culture of life and a civilization of love
- Defending laws that recognize the sanctity of life at all stages
- Standing together to ensure true religious freedom
The color corps is an elective division of the Patriotic Degree whose distinctive presence in parades, wreath-laying ceremonies and catholic functions is a visible reminder of our service to the church and community.
Our distinctive uniform and ceremonial sword symbolize christian Knighthood and are worn to signify reverence to church, eucharist, country and freedom.
If you are over 18 years of age; a citizen of the country in which you reside; a practical catholic in union with the Holy See; and you are a Third Degree member in good standing, consider joining the ranks of the Patriotic Degree.
To learn more about the Patriotic Degree, please contact your local council, visit the Knights of Columbus website, kofc.org, or contact the District Master at firstname.lastname@example.org.